Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I begin?
Want to Participate? Just register here and join us!
You can now create and manage your own personal page, share your photos, goals and get sponsors.
Want to sponsor a participant? Click here for details.
2. Am I required to collect donations/sponsors as part of participating in the 5k?
No. Every participant that signs up for the 5k gets a personal fundraising page as part of registering however participants do not need to solicit donations or sponsorships from friends and family if they aren't comfortable. Your registration fee is a donation towards brain tumor research.
3. Can I mail a check for for my registration fee?
No. Online registrations must be paid with a debit or credit card. Checks will be accepted at Day-of Registration only.
4. Is the 5k a certified course?
Yes! The 5k is a USATF-certified route.
5. Will the 5k be a timed event?
Yes! We will have chipped timing for serious runners with results posted and ribbons for 1st Men & Women Survivors, 1st and 2nd places for each of the following age groups: Boys and Girls 10-14, 15-19, Men and Women 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+. Our Kids Fun Run will split into two age groups: under 6 and 7-10 and is a 100 yard dash. We will have an award for top male and female survivors and best overall.
Chipped timing will only be for runners/walkers who complete the course.
Those who want to have a more leisurely run/walk or roll, can do so at their own speed.
6. Is parking available?
Yes - in and around the park.
7. What is the address of the event?
Liberty Park - 1080 East and 1300 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84105. Meet at the road that turns in at 1080 S, about halfway down on the east side of the park.
8. How can my sponsors submit payment?
Online contributions can be made by credit card on the runner’s personalized page. Direct your sponsors to click the "Sponsor a Runner or Walker" near the top of the home page and then search for and click on your name.
9. I am concerned that I might not be able to raise the required funds. Will I be able to do it?
Even if you've never raised money before, our materials and strategies will make it easy for you to solicit and collect sponsorships from friends, family, colleagues, neighbors, and others. Experience has shown that it is not only possible, but enjoyable, to set and reach your goals. Please refer to the sample letters found on your personal fundraising page center to get started and you will be surprised to see how quickly friends, family, and co-workers will respond to your request to help this wonderful cause. You can also share using social media. Just remember to make it personal as well, as you want them to know that they are sponsoring YOU and YOUR efforts! And, many companies offer charitable donation matching programs, make sure to ask your sponsors to check with their employers, as it will help you meet your goal ever more quickly.
10. Is the 5k only for Runners OR only for Walkers?
No! The 5k is designed as a day for the whole family - runners and walkers and rollers are welcome! Wheelchairs, strollers and smaller children on bikes or scooters are welcome.
For ADA accommodations, contact Nidia McMullen by phone or text at (415) 717-1552 or email at email@example.com
11. Do You Participate Alone or as a Team?
Either! Participants can participate alone, create a team or join a team!
12. I Have Never Participated in a 5k. Will I be able to Finish?
Absolutely! Many of our participants are first-timers. Whether you are a novice or a serious athlete, we will be here to inspire you every step of the way.
13. What happens if there is bad weather the day of the 5k?
The event is rain or shine. It cannot be rescheduled and there are no refunds.
14. Do I get a refund if I signed up for the event but I'm unable to make it?
No, there are no refunds. Consider the registration money your donation. If your registration included a shirt it must be picked up during the registration/check-in time the morning of the 5k or at packet pickup the Saturday previously.
15. Is there a refund/exchange policy?
Yes. If a donation was made accidentally or for the wrong amount, simply make us aware of the issue and we will be happy to make any necessary refunds, changes or corrections. Race registration fees are not refundable.
16. Will there be registration the day of the event?
Yes, there will be same day registration however we highly encourage you to register ahead of time - not only so we can plan for the 5k appropriately but also you'll save some time and money on registration.
17. Can I pick up my T-shirt/bib ahead of time? Can I pick up for my whole team? Yes! Please come to Packet pickup Saturday May 27 from 3-5pm to help us avoid long lines on the day of our event. One person can pick up for your entire team. PACKET PICKUP CANCELED!! Pick up before the race starts on Monday, but one person can still pick up for the whole team.
18. Can I just make a donation?
Absolutely! You do not need to register or attend the event to donate to the cause. You can be a virtual participant if you wish, which allows you to have a fundraising page and collect funds from sponsors - or you can simply make a donation!
19. Are dogs allowed at the event?
Yes, you may bring your dog however your dog MUST be leashed and under your control at all times. You also must clean up after your dog.
20. Where does my money go?
Proceeds from the event go to the Musella Foundation for Brain Tumor Research & Information, Inc, a 501(C)3 nonprofit public charity. Your donation is tax deductable. Click the "About" link in the header above to see more information about the Musella Foundation.
21. Where can I get my timing results?